Last week I was searching for inspirational quotes on books and reading for my work assignment. This motivated me to gather my favorite and inspirational quotes of writers, politicians and businessmen. Definitely, some of the below quotes are not the most famous but they are special for me… humble booklover.
- “Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light” Vera Nazarian
- “Books allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today” Mark Zuckerberg
- “I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot” Bill Gates
- “At that moment that we persuade a child, any child, to cross that threshold, that magic threshold into library, we change their lives forever, for the better. It’s an enormous force for good” Barack Obama
- “A good day is one where I can not just read a book, but write a review of it. Maybe today I’ll be able to do that. I get for some reason somewhat stronger when the sun starts to go down. Dusk is a good time for me. I’m crepuscular” Christopher Hitchens
- “I love the smell of book ink in the morning“Umberto Eco
- “Sometimes I sensed that the books I read in rapid succession had set up some sort of murmur among themselves, transforming my head into an orchestra pit where different musical instruments sounded out, and I would realize that I could endure this life because of these musicales going on in my head” Orhan Pamuk
- “If you only read the books that everyone is reading, you can only think what everyone is thinking” Haruki Murakami
- “I think we ought to read only the kind of books that would or stab us. If the book we’re reading doesn’t make us up with a blow to the head, what are we reading for?” Franz Kafka
- “If people buy my book for vanity, I consider it a tax on idiocy” Umberto Eco
Let’s read, booklovers!